Thank you for visiting the House Media Services webpage to apply for your 2017-2018 Media Credentials. Please note the following changes to the media credential application process.
1. Each eligible news organization is limited to five (5) credentials. Additional media credentials exceeding that amount will be issued to eligible news organizations at the discretion of the House Media Services office on a case-by-case basis.
2. Each news organization is responsible for the conduct of their credentialed members of the media. Failure of an individual credentialed member of a news organization to abide by the House Media Rules and Media Decorum may result in the revocation of all credentials issued to that organization.
3. Freelance and contract employees, as well as interns and fellows, must apply for credentials through a sponsoring publication, broadcast outlet or website which meets the aforementioned rules. In addition to completing the online application, freelance employees, contract employees, interns and fellows must submit a letter of introduction on the publication's letterhead from their sponsoring publication's bureau chief or managing editor.
The letter should:
4. The House Media Services office reserves the right to request two (2) recent copies of the publication for review purposes. Additional information may also be required.
- Verify current employment status;
- Justify the need for media credentials;
- Guarantee that the applicant has read and will abide by the House Media Rules and Media Decorum;
- Contain the original signature of the bureau chief or managing editor (no electronic signatures are accepted;
- Include contact information for both the signatory and the correspondent.
5. Visiting members of the media wishing to obtain a one-day, temporary pass must fill out and submit the online media credential application at least one (1) business day prior to the date in which on-site access is requested. Applicants will be notified via email if his or her application is approved. Failure to meet these requirements does not guarantee visiting members of the media a temporary pass.
6. Credentials must be picked up from a House Media Services staff member no later than 30 minutes prior to the start of the legislative day. Credentials will not be available for pick up once the legislative day has convened.
7. Credentialed members of the media are afforded one (1) courtesy re-print of his/her media credential badge should it be lost or stolen. Re-printing of lost or stolen credentials requires notice of at least one (1) business day.
8. Anyone who has been issued a media credential by the House and is found to be in violation of these policies will have their media credential revoked and will no longer be granted access to the House Chamber for a time period to be determined by the House Media Services office.
*All first time applicants MUST also email their headshot in .jpg format to Betsy Lynch: firstname.lastname@example.org
All media credential applicants must read and agree to the "Terms of Service" listed in the following documents prior to submitting their applications.
CLICK TO APPLY
*If you successful upload your application you will be redirected to a "Thank You" page. If you have not correctly filled out the required fields, the application page will refresh in order for you to do so correctly.