House Media Services Office's Social Media Policy
The House uses non-government third-party tools and websites, including this social media platform, to provide the public with information in more places and more ways than were traditionally available. Many of these platforms offer the ability for individuals to offer their comments. We encourage members of the public to offer these comments as they relate to the individual topics being discussed. Keep in mind, the views expressed in the comments section reflect only those of the comment’s author, and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the Georgia General Assembly, the House, its Joint Offices, or the State Government.
Submitting personal information (address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is discouraged and is not required to interact with the House social media accounts on third-party websites, or to access information on any House social media site. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include your full name, phone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers, case numbers, or any other sensitive or personally identifiable information in your comments or responses.
Comments should relate to only the topic being discussed in the original post. We reserve the discretion to hide, delete, or not allow comments that contain:
• Abusive or vulgar language, sexually explicit subject matter, hate speech, derogatory terms, or offensive content;
• Personal or defamatory remarks about a person’s age, education, ethnicity, race, family status, gender, national origin, class, physical ability or qualities, religion, thought processes, or personality;
• Impermissible personally identifiable information including, but not limited to, full legal names, Social Security numbers, addresses, and phone numbers. The House is committed to protecting privacy;
• Spam, advertising, solicitations or links to other sites, and comments that are clearly “off topic.”
• Gratuitous links to web-sites that are not relevant to discussion topics are viewed as spam and will result in the comment being removed.
• Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam;
• Offensive terms targeting individuals or groups;
• Threats or defamatory statements;
• Suggestions or encouragement of illegal activity;
• Unsolicited proposals or other business ideas or inquiries;
• Promotion or endorsement of commercial services, products, or entities; or
• Content that you do not have the right to post. We are committed to protecting intellectual property and will follow a notice and takedown procedure for complaints of copyright violation under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
The House will not edit comments posted to our social media sites by members of the public. If material provided by a user contains violations of these rules, we reserve the right to remove the comment in its entirety. We reserve the right to revoke access from social media platforms users who repeatedly violate our comment policy.
In addition, your activity on third-party websites is governed by the security and privacy policies of the third-party sites. Certain information associated with your account may be made available to us based on the privacy policies of the third-party website and your privacy settings within that website. Each third-party website may have unique features or practices. You may wish to review the privacy policies of the sites before using them in order to understand how the information you make available on those sites will be used. You should also adjust privacy settings on your account on any third-party website to match your preferences.
The House does not guarantee that any information posted on its social media platforms is correct, and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance upon such information. The House does not guarantee, and assumes no liability for, anything posted on our social media platforms by any person, employee or otherwise.
Thank you for reading our comment policy. We encourage you to visit our social media platforms and join the conversations.